Wednesday 20 April 2011

April is the new summer...

The sun has been shining strong and bright and isn't it the perfect pick-me up? I've been enjoying extended park trips and seaside strolls.

Doesn't make for productive crafting but it does but me in a better frame of mind when I find some time to squeeze the odd thing in :)

I'm almost through my marathon craft fair run. I have one more to go at the weekend and then I will be taking a break for the 29th / 1st may weekend because my Baby Boy will be turning 2!! It's not really sinking in... 2! He will always be my baby though...

I've been busy making him some gifts - a lovely set of beanbags with his name on. Each one filled with something different to give some different textures. It's a nice easy thing to practice my sewing machine skills on. I'm not exactly a whizz yet and straight lines still seem impossible...

I spent last weekend at the Made In Brighton fair. I was fortunate enough to spend two days at the lovely Marina. Such an amazing setting and I got to sit in the sunshine and craft. It was organised by the laughing dog shop which is full of amazing goodies. I hope they arrange another one soon!

Yesterday I had a lovely new delivery. I'd spotted a lovely dresser in a charity shop and it was just what I was looking for. So, armed with some primer and a brush I have began Operation Shabby Chic! I've never painted furniture before so it's been fun doing something new. I've chosen a nice grey to finish it in. I hope it turns out ok! I'm almost done with the primer then in a day or two I can start painting. I've taken so 'before' pictures so I'll post when about it when I'm all finished.

Enjoy the sunshine everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment