Tuesday 8 March 2011

4 days and counting....

So Sunday is fast approaching - eeekkkkk!


I have a stash of things ready to go to the craft fair but I am convinced it won't be enough and my table will look bare. It's a real concern that has me awake at night. On Sunday I woke up with the terrorising thought that the fair was just a week away. So at 6.15 am I simply reached out to a project I have on the go and started before I'd set one foot out of bed! I got 3 things done that morning and took more to finish when  went to my mums for the usual family lunch. I can chat and craft like a pro now!

I keep thinking that maybe I should cancel this one and do next months instead...... but I know that's just the anxiety talking so I'm standing firm and trying to soothe my frazzled nerves by lovingly stroking my finished work.

I'm going to a sewing workshop on Thursday. My sewing machine is at the shop being coaxed back to life and I'd like to learn a few basics for when it gets home. Consequently, my head is full of pretty pouches and beanbags and all sorts of soft toys! I can't wait!

I've worked on a lot of canvases this week. A new found inspiration for painting has been running wild. This is fairly new to me and the reasoning behind being called Random Loveliness - I do randomly fall from one type of craft to another. Wherever my inspiration runs I follow I suppose.



So a sneaky peek:

Ignore the random fluff under his eye!

Part of a canvas
Cotton and Felt Canvas
Hand sewn from curtain samples
Fabric scraps frame

Just a small selection of what I've been busy with this week. Despite the mild panic I am really enjoying myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment